CITY OF TEA TREE GULLY
Supplementary Election for Councillor in Water Gully Ward
NOMINATIONS to be a candidate for election as a member of City of Tea Tree Gully will be received between Thursday, 25 August and 12 noon Thursday, 8 September 2016. Candidates must submit a profile of not more than 150 words with their nomination form and may also provide a photograph, predominantly head and shoulders, taken within the previous 12 months.
Nomination kits are available from the Council Office, 571 Montague Road, Modbury.
A briefing session for intending candidates will be held at 7 p.m. on Monday, 22 August 2016, in the Banksia Room, Civic Centre, 571 Montague Road, Modbury.
D. Gully, Returning Officer
BUILDING WORK CONTRACTORS ACT 1995
TAKE notice that, pursuant to Section 45 of the Building Work Contractors Act 1995, I, George Kamencak, Acting Commissioner for Consumer Affairs, do hereby exempt the licensee named in Schedule 1 from the application of Division 3 of Part 5 of the above Act in relation to domestic building work described in Schedule 2 and subject to the conditions specified in Schedule 3.
Sydney John Weir (BLD 10538)
Construction of a two storey, three bedroom house on land situated at Allotment 122 in Filed Plan No. 12739 being a portion of the land described in Certificate of Title Volume 5436, Folio 676, more commonly known as 36 Hughes Street, Unley.
1. This exemption is limited to domestic building work personally performed by the licensee in relation to the building work described in Schedule 2.
2. This exemption does not apply to any domestic building work the licensee contracts to another building work contractor, for which that contractor is required by law to hold building indemnity insurance.
3. That the licensee does not transfer his interest in the land prior to five years from the date of completion of the building work the subject of this exemption, without the prior authorisation of the Commissioner for Consumer Affairs. Before giving such authorisation, the Commissioner for Consumer Affairs may require the licensee to take any reasonable steps to protect the future purchaser(s) of the property, including but not limited to:
- Providing evidence that an adequate policy of building indemnity insurance is in force to cover the balance of the five-year period from the date of completion of the building work the subject of this exemption;
- Providing evidence of an independent expert inspection of the building work the subject of this exemption;
- Making an independent expert report available to prospective purchasers of the property; and
- Giving prospective purchasers of the property notice of the absence of a policy of building indemnity insurance.
Dated 15 August 2016.
Acting Commissioner for Consumer Affairs,
Delegate for the Minister for Consumer and Business Services
DISTRICT COUNCIL OF STREAKY BAY
Roads (Opening and Closing) Act 1991
Flinders Drive, Streaky Bay
NOTICE is hereby given, pursuant to Section 10 of the Roads (Opening and Closing) Act 1991, that the District Council of Streaky Bay proposes to make a Road Process Order to close portion of Allotment 89 in Deposited Plan 85783, named Flinders Drive adjoining the northern boundary of Allotment 14 in Deposited Plan 85783, more particularly delineated and lettered ‘A’ on Preliminary Plan No. PP 16/0022. The closed road is to be transferred to William David Campbell and Jacqueline Campbell and merged with Allotment 14 in Deposited Plan 85783.
A copy of the Preliminary Plan and a statement of persons affected are available for public inspection at the offices of the District Council of Streaky Bay, 29 Alfred Terrace, Streaky Bay, and at the Adelaide Offices of the Surveyor-General during normal office hours.
Any application for easement or objection must set out the full name, address and details of the submission and must be fully supported by reasons. The application for easement or objection must be made in writing to the District Council of Streaky Bay, P.O. Box 179, Streaky Bay, S.A. 5680, within 28 days of this notice and a copy must be forwarded to the Surveyor-General at G.P.O. Box 1354, Adelaide, S.A. 5001.
Where a submission is made the Council will give notification of a meeting at which the matter will be considered.
Dated 18 August 2016.
J. Hentschke, Chief Executive Officer
DEVELOPMENT ACT 1993, SECTON 25 (17):
RURAL CITY OF MURRAY BRIDGE—MONARTO SOUTH DEVELOPMENT PLAN AMENDMENT
1. The Monarto South Development Plan Amendment (the Amendment) by the Rural City of Murray Bridge has been finalised in accordance with the provisions of the Development Act 1993.
2. The Minister for Planning has decided to approve the Amendment.
PURSUANT to Section 25 of the Development Act 1993, I—
(a) approve the Amendment; and
(b) fix the day on which this notice is published in the Gazette as the day on which the Amendment will come into operation.
Dated 2 August 2016.
John Rau, Deputy Premier,
Minister for Planning
SOUTH AUSTRALIAN LOCAL GOVERNMENT GRANTS COMMISSION ACT 1992
Payment of Grants
I, GEOFFREY GRAEME BROCK, Minister for Local Government, being the Minister responsible for the administration of the South Australian Local Government Grants Commission Act 1992, hereby state pursuant to Section 6 of the Act that:
(a) the total amount available for payment of grants pursuant to this Act for 2016-2017 is $151 426 454;
(b) the amount available for payment of general purpose grants within the total amount for 2016-2017 is $112 768 578;
(c) the amount available for payment of identified local road grants within the total amount for 2016-2017 is $38 657 876; and
(d) an amount of $30 705 relating to the underpayment of grants for 2015-2016 will be added to the funds to be paid to councils during 2016-2017, using the grant relativities applied in 2015-2016.
Dated 30 July 2016.
Geoff Brock, Minister for Local Government
NATIONAL PARKS AND WILDLIFE (NATIONAL PARKS) REGULATIONS 2001
Closure of The Dutchman’s Stern and Mount Brown Conservation Parks
PURSUANT to Regulations 8 (3) (a) and 8 (3) (d) of the National Parks and Wildlife (National Parks) Regulations 2001, I, Grant Anthony Pelton, Director, Regional Coordination, Partnerships and Stewardship Group, which was formerly entitled Executive Director, Public Land Management and Operational Support, Regional Services, authorised delegate of the Director of National Parks and Wildlife, close to the public, the whole of the Dutchman’s Stern and Mt Brown Conservation Parks from:
6 p.m. on Thursday, 1 September 2016 until 6 a.m. on Friday, 9 September 2016.
The purpose of the closure is to ensure the safety of the public during a pest control program within the reserves during the period indicated.
Dated 4 August 2016.
G. Pelton, Director, Regional Programs,
Partnerships and Stewardship Group,
Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources